Garlic-Herb T Bone Steaks
This is a simple and quick stove-top T bone recipes using fresh garlic and herbs. Truly, any herb will do. Fresh seems to always be the most flavorful, but dried is just fine as well.
- 1 large or 2 small T bone steaks
- 3 tablespoons pastured butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs or 2 teaspoons dried herbs: thyme, sage, oregano, rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tallow or olive oil
Rub the steak in salt and fresh ground pepper and allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes. Heat the butter and tallow in a large cast iron or other frying pan over high heat for 1–2 minutes or until the butter starts to foam. Add your fresh herbs, garlic and steak to the pan and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side. Coat steak with butter-tallow mixture when turning.
Serve with fresh sliced scallions and a drizzle of the butter-tallow mixture.